There are many volunteer opportunities within the Friends organization, including:
- Volunteer Coordinator – maintain list of volunteers, schedule work, work with committees to assess volunteer needs
- Book sorter – sort, organize, and categorize donations received for delivery to the book store or to be sold at library book sales
- Clerk - the Whitney Book Corner
- Book Sales cashier
- Move books from library to the book store; help set up and clean up at big sales
- Computer literacy tutor, either assisting at classes or providing one-on-one instruction
- On-line book sales – work with a team to sell books on Amazon.com. Computer skills needed.
- Promote membership at Friends and community events
- Publicity/Graphics projects for Friends promotions
- Gardening projects at the main library or branches
- Literary Trips – assist with planning and execution of semi-annual Friends trips
CLICK HERE FOR VOLUNTEERS PHOTO GALLERY.
INTERESTED IN VOLUNTEERING?
Please fill out and submit the form below, indicating your areas of interest and availability. We thank you for your interest in the Friends of the Library.