Do you miss the library?
Do you agree with the Friends of SCPL that it is time for Schenectady County to reopen our libraries for more than curbside delivery? Do you agree that during this time of crisis, it is more important than ever that the citizens of Schenectady County regain access to the important services offered by the library?
If the answers are yes, please join us and let the County hear our voices loud and clear. Listed below are actions you can take to express your opinion. You can do one, two or all of them!
- Read the COVID-19 Phased Re-Opening Plan adopted by the library Board of Trustees on June 9, 2020 to understand the steps required to open the library.
- Contact your County Legislator and ask when the Karen B. Johnson library will be reopened under Step Three.
- Participate in the next County Legislature meeting on Tuesday, September 8, by submitting a comment for Privilege of the Floor
- View the County Legislature meetings on Facebook Live
- Send a letter to the Daily Gazette: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sign our petitions, online or at our bookstores, The Whitney Book Corner and A Second Look. Signed forms will be delivered to the County Manager’s office.
- Submit a question to the County Facebook Live COVID-19 meeting, held every Thursday at 10 a.m.
- Talk to your family, friends, and neighbors, urging them to join our efforts
As one library lover recently said “It is going to take a groundswell” to get our libraries open. Be part of that groundswell!
Charlene Roman, President
Friends of SCPL