TRAVEL TO OLD STURBRIDGE VILLAGE
OCTOBER 20, 2021
We are easing back into our day trips. Although many venues we’ve checked are still closed to groups or have very limited hours, we have made arrangements to visit Old Sturbridge Village in Massachusetts on Wednesday, October 20th (https://www.osv.org)
This is a beloved destination where we will step back into the past to explore town, country and farm life from the early 19th century. Once there, we will be able to safely spread out to explore homes, village buildings, barns, gardens and exhibits at our own pace. Costumed historic interpreters are located in various buildings to provide demonstrations and answer questions. You can take a horse drawn wagon ride, walk the nature trails, meet cattle, sheep, chickens and pigs, dine in the cafe or ice cream shop, relax by the Mill Pond, etc. We will receive a schedule of daily events and you may choose to participate in any of those you wish.
- The cost of the trip is $55 per person which includes transportation, admission and driver gratuity.
- Lunch is not included. You may bring your own lunch or purchase food at the cafe or ice cream shop.
- We will depart at 8:30AM on Wednesday, October 20th from the Home Depot Parking Lot. Turn on Watt St. off of the Crosstown (Rt. 7). Park in the area furthest from the Home Depot building – you will see the bus.
- We will leave Old Sturbridge Village at 3:30PM and return at approximately 6:00PM.
- Trip will run rain or shine.
- Complete and mail in the attached registration form. Use a separate form for each person.
- Checks should be made out to SCPL Friends. We cannot accept credit cards.
- Mail to: SCPL Friends TRIPS (Be sure to write TRIPS on the envelope or it may go to another mailbox), 99 Clinton Street, Schenectady NY 12305
The Old Sturbridge Village Visitor Orientation video may be viewed here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWQiewMOSok&t=320s
MASKS WILL BE REQUIRED ON THE BUS AND INSIDE BUILDINGS AT OLD STURBRIDGE VILLAGE.
Feel free to contact us with any questions.Let us know if you wish to be removed from this mailing list.
Gail and Sue, Literary Trips Team