Please bring donations to the loading dock at the Central Library between 9 am – 12 pm, Monday-Saturday. Please limit your donations to no more than 5 boxes per day. Donations must be in saleable condition.
Materials are sorted by Friends of the Library volunteers for sale at the Whitney Book Corner, A Second Look bookstore, and at library book sales. Profits help support collection development, library programming, and staff development.
The Friends of the Library accepts donations of books, DVDs, and audiobooks on CD at the Karen B. Johnson Central Library (Clinton St) ONLY. Branches and bookstores cannot accept donations.
We DO NOT accept:
- Books that have water damage, smell musty, are dirty, or have an accumulation of dust or cobwebs
- Reader’s Digest Condensed Books
- Textbooks older than five years
- Computer books older than three years
- Computer software or software manuals older than three years
- VHS or audio cassette tapes
- Audio CDs
Please be conscientious and dispose of materials properly if they are not suitable for resale.
To make a monetary donation in memory of, or in honor of, an individual, or a general donation toward library programming, please mail a check payable to Friends of SCPL:
Treasurer, Friends of the Library
99 Clinton St
Schenectady, NY 12305
- Name and address of donor
- Designation of donation, e.g., in memory of (name), in honor of (name), general programming
- If you would like an acknowledgement sent to the family, please provide contact information