IN MEMORY OF
If you would like to make a monetary donation in memory of, or in honor of an individual, please send check to Friends of the Library, c/o Treasurer, 99 Clinton St., Schenectady, N.Y. 12305. Please include:
Name and address of donor
Name of the person in whose memory/honor the money is donated
The amount and information about GE match if applicable
If you would like an acknowledgement sent to the family please provide contact information
BOOK SALE DONATIONS
The Friends of the Library accepts donations of books, DVDs, CDs, and audiobooks. These items are processed by the Friends of the Library for sale at the Whitney Book Corner or at the library book sales. Profits from these sales help support collection development, library programming and staff development.
Due to limits in storage, disposal space, and potential for damage to the library’s collection, we cannot accept materials listed below:
- Books with water damage
- Books that are dirty or have an accumulation of dust or cobwebs
- Musty material smelling of mildew-try the sniff test!
- Reader’s Digest Condensed Books
- Textbooks older than five years
- Computer books older than three years
- Computer software or software manuals older than three years
- VHS or audio cassette tapes
Please leave all donations on the loading dock in the library parking lot during regular library hours. Donation tax credit forms may be obtained at the Reference Desk.