Share your love of books with like-minded people! The Friends operates two bookstores; sells online via Amazon and eBay; and holds two book sales each year at the Central Library. Many volunteer opportunities are available; membership is required:
- Stocking and selling books at the bookstores
- Biannual book sale support
- Sorting incoming donations
- Transporting books from the library to the bookstores
- Listing books and DVDs on eBay and Amazon and shipping purchases to buyers
- Adult program support
To become a volunteer:
- Please send an email with your area(s) of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete and mail the membership form and check to the Friends Treasurer.
The Friends currently have needs for A Second Look, online sales support, and program chairpersons:
Online Sales Support
Saturday or Thursday shipper(s) 10 am to noon to fill Amazon and eBay orders. This job requires computer use, attention to detail, and the ability to convey packages to the post office across the street.
Noon Programs Chair
The chairperson’s primary responsibility is to coordinate weekly discussions, which range from book reviews to science and history talks. The committee of six volunteers schedules speakers for the discussions; the coordinator ensures each week is covered; sets up the meeting room; coordinates with library staff; and disseminates promotional information. Two people could co-chair the position.
A Second Look
The Friends is seeking to expand the hours at A Second Look. Volunteers are needed to work Tuesdays from 11 am to 3 pm. Volunteers open and close the store, stock and organize books as needed, handle cash, and complete both cash and credit card purchases using Square.