The Friends of the Library accepts donations of books, records, DVDs, CDs, and audiobooks. These items are added to the library collection as needed or processed by the Friends of the Library for sale at the Whitney Book Corner or at the library book sales. Profits from these sales help support collection development, library programming and staff development.
Due to limits in storage, disposal space, and potential for damage to the library’s collection, we cannot accept materials listed below:
- Books with torn or yellowed pages or water damaged
- Books that are dirty or have an accumulation of dust or cobwebs
- Musty material smelling of mildew-try the sniff test!
- Reader’s Digest Condensed Books
- Textbooks older than five years
- Encyclopedias older than ten years
- Computer books older than three years
- Computer software or software manuals older than three years
Please leave all donations on the loading dock in the library parking lot during regular library hours. Donation tax credit forms may be obtained at the Reference Desk.
If you would like to make a gift of a specific item or a monetary donation to the library, please contact Ann Moore at 518.388.4522 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the Gift and Memorial Contribution form.